There are several cleaning products which are a must-have when you want to keep your plastic outdoor furniture looking beautiful. It is a very simple recipe that cleans almost any surface.
You want to be keeping on top of all of your cleaning, especially outdoors because there will be a buildup of natural dirt which can appear messy and uninviting.
Outdoor furniture can be a major source of dirt, but with a few simple tools and some patience, you can clean it all and keep your furniture looking as good as new.
This article offers some practical ideas for keeping outdoor furniture clean. Find out more here!
- 1 AL-NEW 2 Step Clean & Protect Kit
- 2 Elmar OF-26 Outdoor Furniture Cleaner
- 3 Amazing Patio Furniture Cleaner
- 4 Furniture Clinic Garden Restoration Kit
- 5 Rejuvenate Pre-Saturated Restorer Wipes
- 6 Buyers Guide
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Frequently Asked Questions
If you’re looking for the ultimate kit for cleaning your outdoor furniture, you might opt for a full kitted out set like this.
You might have different types of materials you need to clean that require different solutions which is why this is Amazon’s top choice for cleaning products.
Not only are these products for cleaning your furniture, but they also work on other areas such as your garage doors, outside lights and protecting your window frames.
In terms of what is provided and what it can be used for as a multi-purpose, this product is priced well and is affordable for most people who are looking to really protect their outdoor areas and furniture.
- Easy to Use, Just Wipe On to Restore Color, Shine & Luster
- for Patio Furniture, Garage Doors, Light Fixtures, Fencing and Fire Pits.
- 2 All-Natural Walnut Cleaning Pads
- It also includes microfibre cloths you can use to clean those areas with, so you do not have to go out and buy them as well.
- 1 Bottle AL-NEW CLEAN – 16 Ounce which will last you quite a while.
- You might need to clean your furniture more often with these solutions to keep them pristine at all times.
- Step 1 Clean: Easy to Use, Just Wipe On to Restore Color, Shine & Luster
- Step 2 Protect: Finish with a Clear Top Coat to Give it Resistance to Rain & the Elements
- Perfect for Patio Furniture, Garage Doors, Light Fixtures, Fencing and Fire Pits. The Kit Contains Everything You Need & Includes All Applicators in 1 Box. AL-NEW 2-Step Clean & Protect Kit includes:
- 1 Bottle AL-NEW CLEAN - 16 Ounce
- 1 Bottle AL-NEW PROTECT - 16 Ounce
Elmar OF-26 Outdoor Furniture Cleaner is an excellent wood cleaning product that washes away mould, mildew, dirt, and debris from all types of outdoor furniture.
This product is safe for use on all types of wood including teak, walnut, oak, pine, and cedar.
The OF-26 Outdoor Furniture Cleaner from Elmar is a tough and efficient tool for cleaning outdoor furniture, patio furniture, and grills.
The unit features an adjustable handle for comfortable hand placement, a plastic Nozzle and Spray Bar for optimal cleaning, and an easy-to-fill.
- Cleans resin, plastic, rattan, aluminum, wrought iron and wood and is able to work on many different surfaces you have well.
- Produced with the highest grade materials which everybody is looking for to make sure it actually does the job as outdoor grime can be difficult to remove.
- It has a climate-friendly pledge which is always nice to see as they are pledging to make their products eco-friendly.
- They also have a variety of other options for their brand for other areas outside to work on and make bundles with.
- For only one product, the price can be off-putting for many people as there are cheaper options on the market.
Absolute Clean is the complete multi-purpose cleaning solution for all surfaces.
Great for surfaces that have a tendency to stain, Absolute Clean is a great cleaner for everything, including glass, tiles, stainless steel and more.
Absolute Clean is a cold-fusion technology, which uses high-pressure steam and other innovative vacuum technologies to provide an excellent cleaning experience.
For all different purposes because of the different surfaces, it can clean.
- People love quick and easy and that’s what this is. You just spray on your furniture and leave for 2 minutes, then you can start cleaning it away after settling.
- POWERFUL ENZYME FORMULA which is also natural and is tough on those stains you need to remove in particular.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED which is also removing odours as well as dirt.
- Family-owned business which focuses on quality more than anything to keep your furniture nice and clean.
- More affordable for most people because it is only one bottle use.
- The spray cap comes separately and can be difficult to attach as tight as you might need.
- QUICK & EASY FURNITURE CLEANING: To use this couch cleaner on your patio furniture set, simply spray the surface, let it sit for 2–3 minutes, dip a soft-bristled brush or cloth in hot water, and gently brush the stain for about 30 seconds. Wipe it clean with a cloth or paper towel. Use this amazing product on cushions, waterproof covers, upholstery cleaner, wood cleaner and more.
- POWERFUL ENZYME FORMULA: Absolutely Clean Patio Furniture Cleaner uses Powerful, Natural Enzymes to effortlessly remove stains and eliminate odors from your patio or outdoor living space. Works great as a stain & odor remover, degreaser, and deodorizer. It easily cleans and removes odors from pet urine, suntan lotion, and even tree sap. Keep your patio furniture looking pristine all summer long with this exceptional enzyme cleaner.
- WORKS ON PLASTIC, WOOD & MORE: Whether your furniture is made from vinyl, glass, wicker, metal, plastic, wood, or a combination, this car upholstery cleaner is safe for a wide variety of materials and finishes. You can also use it to clean umbrellas, tables, chairs, and other outdoor patio surfaces. You’ll love the way it freshens and cleans your whole outdoor setup.
- VETERINARIAN APPROVED: Our vet-approved enzyme formula is made without the use of harsh chemicals or noxious fumes, making for a gentle yet powerful cleaning solution for removing the toughest stains and eliminating the most stubborn odors.
- MADE IN THE USA: Absolutely Clean is a small, family owned-and-operated company based in Colorado. We make our products at home in the USA. We believe in providing an exceptional cleaning experience for our customers by providing high-quality products. No matter what your cleaning needs are, Absolutely Clean has the product for you!
Garden Clinic Furniture Restoration Kit is a wonderful product that brings back the beauty and natural colours of aged furniture.
This product is a fantastic way to bring back your old furniture to life. It is an amazing gift for anybody who loves gardening. This product is great for anybody who loves gardening.
It can be used in conjunction with the Furniture Clinic Garden Restoration Guide or by itself.
Furniture Clinic Garden Restoration Kit is a complete and comprehensive solution for your indoor and outdoor needs. Find out more here!
- AWARD-WINNING QUALITY for ALL TYPES OF WOOD and other plastics- perfect for anyone who needs to clean all of their wood outdoors to avoid any dirt forming.
- Should be using the whole set once a year, which means that you won’t be using it often and it is going to last for a while depending on how much wood you have.
- Products for every step of the cleaning process and includes a brush to help you with this and cloths.
- This Kit is designed to provide you with all the necessary equipment to restore your garden. For a small investment, you will enjoy enhanced beauty and a more enjoyable lifestyle.
- What out for any type of leaks that can occur with the packaging as it can affect the products.
- STEP ONE - CLEANING: Remove any dirt and grime from the surface of your furniture. Take the Teak Cleaner for outdoor furniture and shake the bottle well before use. Mix the cleaner into a bucket of warm water at a ratio of 1:5 (1 part Teak Cleaner to 5 parts warm water). Dip a Scrubbing Brush into the mixture and scrub the surface to loosen and dirt and grime. Wipe the wood down using a clean, lint-free cloth. Rinse the wood with clean water to remove any excess Teak Cleaner.
- STEP TWO - BRIGHTENING: Brightening will further enhance the natural color of the your patio furniture sets. Take the Teak Brightener and shake the bottle well before use, put on the protective gloves, and mix the Teak Brightener into a bucket of water at a ratio of 1:1. Apply to a clean, lint-free cloth and rub into the garden furniture following the direction of the grain. Leave for a few minutes and then rinse down.
- STEP THREE - OILING: Take the Teak Oil and shake the bottle well before use. Ensure the outdoor furniture set is clean and dry. Apply the Teak Oil liberally to a lint-free cloth and rub into the garden furniture following the direction of the grain. Leave for a few minutes and then wipe off any excess. Leave the Oil to thoroughly soak in and dry for between 4-6 hours. For best results and to help make future maintenance easier, you should apply three coats of oil to your garden furniture.
- MAINTENANCE: You should clean and re-oil garden/pool furniture once a year. You shouldn’t need to use the Brightener every time but you can choose to do so if you think the furniture has weathered badly, or if you don’t get round to applying the oil every year.
- AWARD WINNING QUALITY for ALL TYPES OF WOOD: Our 2022 DIYWeek award winning Garden Restoration Kit is specifically designed for all types of garden furniture. Works brilliantly for Teak wood but it can also be used on all other types of outdoor wood.
Rejuvenate Pre-Saturated Restorer Wipes are the best way to get rid of the effects of aging, environmental damage, and pollution.
These wipes are completely biodegradable and formulated to remove all traces of dirt, oil and other mess.
Rejuvenate Pre-Saturated Restorer Wipes are especially useful for pre-saturated wood products and reclaiming wood surfaces.
It can also be used for pre-saturated painted surfaces. Find some of the pros and cons here below!
- Each box has five individually packaged 4 in. x 4 in. saturated microfiber wipes and covers up to 100 square feet total which means you have plenty to keep you going for a bit.
- Provides a deeper clean which can remove dirt that has been there for a long time.
- It can clean a wide variety of surfaces such as car bumpers, siding, grills, outdoor furniture, shutters, mailboxes, lawn equipment and garden tools.
- It also restores faded and sun-bleached vinyl, plastic, stone, fibreglass, aluminum, metal, and painted surfaces as well which has a brilliant multi-purpose use instead of buying lots of different products.
- The products on the wipes do not stay wet for as long as people would like and they find themselves using more.
- Restore and protect indoor and outdoor surfaces
- Each box has five individually packaged 4 in. x 4 in. saturated microfiber wipes and covers up to 100 square feet total
- Restores faded and sun-bleached vinyl, plastic, stone, fiberglass, aluminum, metal, painted surfaces and more
- Works to restore rich deep color on car bumpers, siding, grills, outdoor furniture, shutters, mailboxes, lawn equipment and garden tools
- Non-greasy, no-slip formula instantly eliminates years of damage and protects from future oxidation, fading, sun and water damage
This guide will teach you how to clean and maintain your outdoor furniture to help it last.
It includes detailed instructions on how to clean and maintain patio furniture, garden tables and chairs, fire pits and the best products to do that with.
There are many different aspects you need to consider before buying these products and whether they are going to suit you and your outdoor furniture.
It is most effective for people when they have multi-purpose tools because they might have a variety of different surfaces they need to clean.
Some of these different things you need to consider are reliability, effectiveness and practicality for a wide range of people.
Price is also a big thing for many people because they want their value for money and not something they will use once and never again.
Price is super important because you do not want to be wasting any money on products which do not work for you.
This is why researching the products through articles like these are important to know exactly what you’re getting and it won’t take you too long to find one from these options above.
There are a variety of prices above which will be suitable for different people depending on how much they want to pay.
It all depends on the quality of the products when you’re looking at price because you need it to work really well and do what it says on the tin.
This is where you should also be checking other people’s reviews because they will tell you exactly what it is like to use the product as they already have bought it.
The prices range between $20-$60 and there are some which are even more expensive.
You need to think about how much furniture you will need to clean and how often you want to clean them.
Weather can be a big issue for outdoor furniture, so it is all about keeping on top of it.
Is the product easy to use and how good is the packaging and materials used to make it?
You want the product to be looked after and be very stable with no leaks because some of the oils can be quite messy.
Quality of the product is really important and something the reviews will be able to tell you about in full where there are repeated similar comments.
There are different products above which you use completely differently, some are wipes and some are sprays/oils.
Therefore, you need to think about how much time you are willing to spare for cleaning your furniture, whether you want the full kits with toner and brightening solutions, or whether you just want to give it a good wipe down to keep the dirt from solidifying over time.
Single Products Vs Kits
This is where you need to think about what type of surface materials you have in your yard.
The kits are really great if you have different materials or mainly wood in your yard. It is protecting the surfaces more than anything and trying to prevent rotting and build-ups.
The single-product uses are great for people who do not like having lots of different products and would prefer a multi-purpose outdoor cleaner.
There are many of these on the market, but it is all about finding the right one for the furniture you have.
Overall, finding the best outdoor furniture cleaner can be really difficult because there are an endless amount of products on the market at the minute.
Which ones do you pick? You need to look at what you need and what will be beneficial to what you’re willing to do.
You can pick between cheaper single-product cleaners or different kits which provide you with several items in the package that will help you with your cleaning tasks like brushes and extra microfiber cloths.
Hopefully, this guide will help you find the best option for you and will help you find the different important factors you should be looking at in terms of quality and what they have to offer to you.
It is so important to check all of the reviews because you might find something you don’t like or something you really like if you wish to have any extra information.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Clean Plastic Patio Furniture?
Your outdoor furniture can be very expensive and you need to be keeping it in good shape all year round or keeping it covered in the bad weather.
This is achieved by frequently cleaning them with bleach, vinegar and dish soap.
How Do You Make Plastic Patio Furniture Look New?
Plastic patio furniture is so common that some people think of it as an office supply. But there’s no need to throw your chairs away.
When plastic patio furniture looks old and worn, you may think that it’s no longer safe to sit on. But you can restore its look by using some easy steps that’ll make it look new again using restorative products.