There is nothing quite like sitting beside a crackling fire on a mildly chilly autumn night.
It can really change the ambiance, and if you’re anything like me it’ll have all those summer memories at the beach and at camp flooding right back.
Just the other evening after a stressful day. My wife and I were a little at each other and unable to have a meaningful connection. She suggested we light a small fire. As we sat outside under the dark sky, watching the flames dance in front of us. Conversation started to bubble up. At first small comments about the flame but soon developed into a warm conversation. A little fire can do wonders.
However, dealing with logs and spending half the night trying to actually get the fire going, isn’t really the most ideal.
Especially on a deck. Wood fires with sparks’ potential for a deck fire are high.
This is why so many people opt for a propane fire pit. Not only are they easier to use, but they’re also safer and come in many different sizes.
Plus many different styles so you can be sure that the fire pit will go with all your outside decor.
Read on to find out which propane firepits you should consider adding to your deck. Trust me, you won’t regret it.
- 1 Best Value: Bali Outdoors Gas Firepit Table
- 2 Best Overall: Endless Summer 30inch Fire Pit Table
- 3 Best Large Pit: Oakville Furniture Fire Pit Table
- 4 Sleek And Small: Legacy Heating Fire Pit Table
- 5 Concrete Option: Concrete Outdoor Propane Fire Pit Table
- 6 Buyers Guide
- 7 Final Thoughts
Best Value: Bali Outdoors Gas Firepit Table
If you’re looking for an all-around great sleek-looking firepit then look no further than this product. Setting it up is sure to be hassle-free with super simple instructions.
The only advice that I’d give is not to screw the screws in really tightly, as it can make matching everything up together a little difficult. Screw them in gently and you shouldn’t have any problems at all.
Once you’re all assembled just turn it on and use the push to spark button – starting a fire has never been easier.
The item is really reliable too. Its 50,000 BTU heat output means that you’ll have enough heat to keep you toasty warm even on the coolest evenings.
The dimensions of the table is 28 inches (L) x 28 inches (W) so it fits nicely in a smaller deck or patio area. For a small more intimate gathering.
It also stands about 26 inches high so is the perfect height to cozy up around with a nice deck chair. It also weighs just 50lbs so won’t feel too big or bulky to move off your deck. To enjoy elsewhere or pack up for winter.
What I love about this table is that it is so multifunctional, whether you want to use it as a firepit in the evening, a dining table in the afternoon or a coffee table in the morning, this firepit table has you covered.
The design is also just so sleek and elegant. The embossing design means that you won’t be stuck with an eye-sore on your deck, and the free blue glass that is included just gives it that extra touch of class.
Of course, if blue isn’t your colour, you can always purchase different coloured glass separately!
- Sleek design with blue glass rocks
- 50,000 BTU
- Easy assembly
- SAFTY AND GREAT HEAT OUTPUT: Our gas fire pit table is 50,000 BTU heat output gives you enough heat to warm you up on cool morning and nights
- PERFECT SIZE: 28 L x 28 W inch square gas fire pit tabletop, 26 inch in height, net weight 50 lbs, it will not let you feel too bulky and large
- EASY ASSEMBLY AND START: The assembly of this gas fire pit table is mainly screwing all parts together, and the push button spark Piezo ignition system provides simple and convenient control when lighting
- MULTIFUNCTION WITH UNIQUE DESGIN: This nice antique brown with black faux finish gas fire pit table can be used as an outdoor dining-table, bar table, coffee table etc. easily by covering the lid provided when not burning
- Any problems with our gas fire pit table, please email us for solution without hesitation, you will get an excellent after-sales service within 24 hours
Also sold at Walmart.
Best Overall: Endless Summer 30inch Fire Pit Table
Endless summer’s 30-inch fire pit table is another perfect addition to your patio and this option makes a really great centrepiece that is sure to get visitors talking.
If you want to have a few guests over and light a fire without having to worry about smoke, ash, or fumes then this is a perfect option.
This is a better option for those looking for a fire pit table that’s a little bit bigger as it is 32 inches x 32 inches and weighs 68 pounds so it’s more of a focal point for your deck rather than being something that you’ll just pull out when you want to use it.
It’s a 30,000 BTU propane gas fire pit. Enough warmth if sitting close by. The table is designed for glasses or mugs of hot cocoa. Naturally brining you closer. A benefit of a smaller BTU than many other heaters is the propane last longer.
The flame is also easily started with a push bottom.
It isn’t quite as powerful as the Bali Outdoors Gas Firepit Table we reviewed above but you can be sure that it still brings enough heat for your deck.
Personally I find the beauty of the flame a bigger draw to a fire table than the heat. But that’s me.
Designed with the propane tank hidden away. Tucked under the table behind a simply decorated door.
The only drawback is that this option doesn’t have a lid for when you’re not using the fire, so if you want to also use it as a table you’ll have to use the edges of the fibreglass reinforced resin tabletop. Which look more like tile than fibreglass.
So if you’re just hoping to enjoy a drink around the fire it’s perfect. However, a little small for dinner plates around the firepit.
- Wider square table
- Hidden tank
- Very elegant design
- No lid for versatile table area
- More expensive than others
- 30,000 BTU propane gas fire pit, square black steel firebowl
- 12 lbs of copper fire glass and light duty PVC vinyl cover included
- Sleek steel side panels to conceal propane tank (20 lb tank not included)
- Safety valve and piezo ignition for easy start
- Table dimensions: 30 inches x 30 inches, height 25.14 inches, weight 67 lbs
Also available at Lowes.
Best Large Pit: Oakville Furniture Fire Pit Table
Now, this option is a fair bit pricier than some of the other options, but if you are looking for a statement piece then it is definitely worth the price.
Oakville’s fire table is a massive 44 inches x 32 inches in diameter and yet weighs just 15 pounds.
This multifunctional table acts as both a fire pit with a wind guard so once it’s lit you won’t have to worry about the fire going out.
It also has a lid so on the occasions that you don’t want a fire burning it doubles as the perfect outdoor dining area.
It is both CSA approved and ETL certified and also comes with a one-year limited warranty so on the unlikely chance that you come across an issue you won’t have to worry.
Although, with the 50,000 BTU heat and warmth output as well as the manual control valve, and touch to start button you should find this firepit an absolute pleasure.
A 5ft hose that is preattached is included with a regulator and there’s even simple and easy access to the hidden interior storage for the propane tank.
A longer hose makes changing the tank easier. Long enough to tighten outside of the table. Instead of crawling under the table to hook up the hose.
This storage is big enough that you could also store a few other deck accessories, which is great.
It is made with hand-woven resin wicker so it will fit right in with most patio furniture decor too. Plus Resin is moisture-resistant, resists mould and mildew, and doesn’t fade or stain. Helping it to last longer outdoors. A cover is still a good idea but it is made to be outdoors.
- Large table area
- 50,000 BTU heat
- CSA-approved and ETL certified
- All-in-1 outdoor fire pit table set features 44 in. x 32 in. rectangle patio firepit includes components, burner lid, wind guard, glass rock and furniture cover
- CSA approved and ETL certified propane fire pit table designed and engineered by Oakville with 1-year manufacturer limited warranty
- Sit back and admire the reflection of the dancing flames while keeping warm and cozy
- Double wall stainless steel burner with 50,000 BTU heat and warmth output; Chrome manual control valve allows 100% smoke free variable flame height
- Push button spark ignition system provides simple and convenient control when lighting
Also available at Home Depot.
Sleek And Small: Legacy Heating Fire Pit Table
If you’re looking for something a little smaller, a little sleeker, a little cheaper, but still packs a punch when it comes to heat then this is probably the option for you.
This option comes in as 28 inches x 28 inches and weighs just 20 pounds and so is the perfect addition for those who may have smaller gardens.
This fire pit table has a low to high flame setting so you can have more control over the fire and you can also feel safe in the knowledge that each and every igniter is inspected before it even leaves the factory.
The easy push-to-start button means that you won’t have to spend most of your evening tending to the fire, and the 50,000 BTU heat means that regardless of whether you opt for a small or tall fire you’re sure to be toasty warm.
One of the main plights of outdoor equipment is that it can often fall victim to rust.
However, Legacy’s fire pit is made with durable, safe, and reliable materials (powder-coated thicken aluminum frame and stainless steel burners. Being both waterproof and rust-proof withstanding the elements no matter where you live.
The last thing that you’d also want when chilling around the fire is to place your hand on the table and scold yourself, well, to ensure this never happens the table is made of low thermal conductivity materials too.
If all this wasn’t enough, lava rocks are also included with the product to ensure that you have a visually appealing fire pit.
If you’re not a fan of the lava rocks these can also be changed for fire glass should you prefer.
It’s also multifunctional, comes with a lid, and can act as the perfect patio dining table for times of the day when you don’t want to light a fire.
- Weather resistant – waterproof and rust proof
- Small but mighty – 50,000 BTU heat with low-high fire options
- Multifunctional – fire or dining table
- Shallow fire pan
- Cheap-looking table finish
- Want the Patio Party More Impressive — How about have an outdoor fire without smokey? Our propane fire pit table will make a wonderful night. Friends and family gather around the gas firepit table, happiness and flames will drive the cold away. Let's get started!
- From Low to High Flame Setting — Each propane fire table ‘s igniter was inspected before leaving the factory. Automatic igniter can light the fire easily. Enjoy the party instead of wasting time with repeated fires. 50,000 BTU heat can make the fire higher and warmer than other gas fire pit table. Small fire or tall fire as you wish.
- Durable Materiall & Safe and reliable — Waterproof, rust-proof design makes the propane firepit table easier to clean. To keep your hands from scald, the tabletop is made of durable low thermal conductivity material. There is a heat shield around the burner. Burner Assembly is made of high-quality materials. Experienced customer service to solve your problem. Make it safe for people who have never used a gas fire table.
- Multi-Function — With 4.4 lbs. Lava Rock included, It makes the flames more interesting. You can also replace Lava Rock with Fire Glass to get colorful flame. Drinks and foods can be placed on surface of the 28inch Propane fire pit table. With Lid included. The gas fire table can be a patio dining table in your backyard.
- Easy Assemble & Service — Need a 20 lbs. propane tank to use. Detailed instructions and assemble videos are included. Make it possible for two people to assemble the propane fire pit table easily. Professional Customer service in North America. 12-month warranty. Any parts can be replaced separately under warranty. You don't have to worry about returning the big guy.
You can also purchase the Legacy fire table from Home Depot.
Concrete Option: Concrete Outdoor Propane Fire Pit Table
Most of the options we’ve spoken about today are finished with a wicker material that more resembles outdoor furniture, if you were hoping for a different look on your deck this fire pit finished to look like concrete may be ideal.
At 30 x 30 x 11 inches, this firepit table sits a bit closer to the ground than the other firepits that we’ve reviewed. May be closer to a fire pit than a table.
The design is multifunctional and can be used as a fire in the colder months but also doubles as a low coffee table or dining area for your patio or deck.
You can also be sure that this item is safe as it is CSA certified.
This option is the second lowest for heat measuring at 40,000 BTU, but don’t worry that is more than enough to keep the chill away in an evening.
It’s also built to last so you can be sure that it will be dependable.
The table is made with weather-resistant heavy-duty MGO construction material. It also comes with a PVC cover to further protect it from UV rays, rain, and dust when not in use.
You can be sure with this firepit that you’ll have pretty much everything you need to get started straight away.
Included you’ll find a 201 ss burner, a copper injector, control knob, gas valve, igniter, corrugated pipe, thermocouple, fire pin with a protective guard, PVC cover, lava rocks, and a user manual!
So you’ll only need to purchase your propane tank and you’ll be good to go.
The only disadvantage is that you may need to recruit some help to assemble it.
It’s definitely a 2-person job at a minimum It says that it takes just 20-30 minutes to completely set up, although I found that it does take a little while longer than this.
But once you’re ready to go, you’ll never want to look back!
- It’s a complete set
- 40,000 BTU
- 2 person assembly
- Fairly expensive
- Exterior storage of propane tank
- FIRE PIT AND TABLE IN 1: This fire table not only provides heat to keep you warm during winter it also doubles as a table in summer. Creates an elegant atmosphere in the garden, terrace, balcony, or backyard
- ENVIRONMENT SAFE: This safe and CSA certified patio fire pit propane bonfire table set can generate up to 40,000 BTU by using liquid propane fuel for stable and clean combustion so there is no ash or smoke to protect your health and the environment
- MADE TO LAST: This sturdy outdoor propane gas fire pit table features a weather-resistant heavy-duty MGO construction material & comes w/ a PVC cover to protect it from UV rays, rain, & dust
- EASY TO USE: Easy to assemble with two persons & takes only 20-30 minutes to put together. Has an assembled gas hose regulator, control panel, & adjustable flame height by valve knob. Comes with a decorative lava rock set
- COMPLETE SET: The square firepit propane fire table complete set includes 201 SS burner, copper injector, control knob, gas valve, igniter, corrugated pipe, thermocouple, fire pin with protective guard, PVC cover, lava rock, user manual
When it comes to purchasing the perfect fire pit table there are a few things that you’ll want to consider to ensure that you get the best fit for you.
Here are a few of the main things that I’d suggest you consider before you whip out any cash.
Before you start purchasing your fire pit table take the time to think of the purpose you’ll be using it for. Some tables come with lids and some do not.
If you’re only really planning on using it as a fire to gather around then it’s won’t be an issue as to whether or not it comes with a lid.
However, if you’re hoping to also use it as a place to sip a coffee and eat your breakfast in the morning, you’ll want to make sure it’s multi-functional and can be used as a dining area.
To do this, you’ll need to ensure there is a lid to create a larger surface area to accommodate this.
Each fire pit will have an amount of heat that is measured by BTU.
If you live somewhere that gets particularly chilly, or if you just want a roaring hot fire to cozy up around then you will want to choose a firepit with a higher BTU heat output.
I’d suggest going for around 50,000 BTU if you can.
However, if you live in a more consistently warmer climate, or you’re just hoping to add a fire pit table more just to create an ambiance in your patio then you don’t necessarily need a fire with 50,000 BTU, a fire pit with anywhere upwards of 30,000 BTU should do just fine.
Fire pit tables come in all shapes and sizes and it’s something you’ll want to take into account before you start making a purchase.
Are you looking for a centrepiece to pull the patio together? Do you want a small little fire pit table that you can tuck away when you aren’t using it?
The answer to these questions will influence which is the best choice for you.
It’s always worth measuring the space you want to place the pit too because you may like the look of one and then find that it’s much too big and you don’t want to find this out once you’ve already spent a lot of money purchasing it, and half a day assembling it.
That’s just going to cause unnecessary stress.
Fire pit tables can range in price from as little as a couple of hundred or so to upwards and onwards of $1000. You’ll want to set a budget before you start shopping so that you know what range you’ll be looking at.
The last thing you’ll want to do is fall in love with a fire pit only to find that you can’t afford the purchase.
If you are shopping on a budget, you won’t need to stress too much as it’s possible to find nicely designed cheaper fire pits that still pack a lot of heat – and don’t actually look all that cheaper than some of the more expensive models.
You can get fire pit tables that will match that of patio furniture or stand out with a unique concrete finish. Whichever you decide, it’s best to always check that they are weatherproof.
If they are to be left out on your deck it means they’re vulnerable to all the elements, so you’ll want a material that is waterproof and rustproof.
Also if a cover is not included included that in your purchase.
Fire pits are a great addition to any backyard space. They give you a great excuse to host a few deck parties and to interact with friends and family.
Not only that but they’re also really pretty – especially if you’ve got a fire pit with colourful fire glass. So it’s not hard to see why you might be considering purchasing one.
I would really recommend taking the time to think about all the contributing factors mentioned in the buyer’s guide before purchasing.
Any of the fire pits mentioned above are sure to be reliable and improve those colder nights with the heat of a nice warm fire! Perfect!